Tuesday, January 24, 2017
Victoria Inn Hotel and Convention Centre | Winnipeg, Manitoba
This learning day meets the needs of safety and health professionals and delivers a full day of intensive training to a limited audience, allowing us to present specialized, focused and in-depth information.
Highlights of the 2017 Assembly of Manitoba Safety Professionals will include:
- TSB Investigation of the Lac Mégantic Train Derailment-Canada’s Worst Railway Accident: Challenges and Outcomes, by Don Ross, Senior Investigator with the Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB)
- Be the Best Change Agent you Can Be, by Alan Quilley, a Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) with over three decades of experience in the field
- Leading Indicators as Useful Tools for Managing Safety Culture and Supporting Safety Leadership, by Dr. Ben Amick, former Scientific Director of the Institute for Work and Health in Toronto and leader in the development of evidence-based leading indicators in Canada
- An update from SAFE Work Manitoba COO, Jamie Hall, on SAFE Work Certified: Setting the Standard for Safety in Manitoba
- Hear “What it Means to be a CRSP” from Tom Regehr, BCRSP – and be prepared to tell us about your journey as a Safety Professional, as well as offer your best advice to others. We plan to videotape these discussions throughout the day.