Last Revised: April 8, 2013
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING.
1. Acceptance of Terms
2. Modifications and Notices
3. We Respect Your Privacy
In addition, SSM has adopted a more comprehensive organizational Privacy Code, which is available upon request.
4. General Information
The Site provides information intended to promote SSM’s products and services. Our Internet servers may passively and automatically collect certain information about website visitors’ traffic patterns, which may be linked to their Internet Protocol (IP) addresses (which are unique Internet “addresses” assigned to all Internet users by their Internet Service Providers). Server logs may record statistical information, such as visitors’ IP addresses, types of operating systems, time and duration of visit, pages requested, and identify categories of visitors by items such as domains and browser types. These statistics are generally collected and used on an aggregate basis.
- Links to Third Party Websites: The Site may contain links to other websites that are provided as a convenience only, and which may have different privacy policies and practices than we do. We have no responsibility for these third party websites, and you are advised to review the privacy policies of any third party websites you choose to visit.
5. What Personal Information Does SSM Collect and Why?
In the course of operating the Site, SSM has collected and collects Personal Information from individuals, including:
- information you voluntarily submit to us, such as your email address or billing information;
- information you voluntarily submit to us when you contact us, such as your comments, suggestions and feedback; and
- information we may passively and automatically collect from you, such as your IP address, and other information about website visitors’ traffic patterns, as discussed above.
We collect this Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to provide consistent, quality services and products, including occupational safety training and consulting, road safety courses and training, and community engagement programs;
- to establish and maintain responsible relations with individuals;
- to provide products and services to individuals;
- to develop, enhance and market SSM’s products and services;
- to manage and develop SSM’s operations, including personnel and employment matters;
- to conduct investigations relating to breaches of agreements or contraventions of laws;
- to carry out any other purpose that an individual has authorized or that is required or permitted by law.
6. Does SSM disclosure your Personal Information?
7. How does SSM safeguard your Personal Information?
We will keep Personal Information for as long as is necessary for us to fulfill the Identified Purposes or, in limited circumstances, for as long as we are required by law.
8. Your Consent/Verifying and Amending Personal Information
You may withdraw your consent for SSM to manage your Personal Information in a particular way, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. However, this may limit our ability to provide you with certain services and/or products. You may contact SSM for more information regarding the implications of withdrawing consent.
You can typically access and review your Personal Information held by SSM and make appropriate changes to it by contacting SSM. You may be required to put your request in writing and show us identification. The reason we ask for identification is to ensure that, among other things, we do not unintentionally change or release your Personal Information to a third party who is representing him/her as you.
SSM Privacy Officer
3-1680 Notre Dame Avenue
Phone: 204 949-1085
You may update or make changes to your Personal Information maintained by us by writing to or e-mailing SSM at the addresses provided above. In addition, you may request access to, or correction of, your Personal Information by writing to or e-mailing SSM at the addresses provided above.
9. Resolving Your Concerns
If you would like more information about SSM’s privacy practices, including a copy of SSM’s Privacy Code, or if you would like to better understand and verify what Personal Information we have collected about you, please contact the SSM Privacy Officer. Please let us know about your questions or concerns and we will do our best to help you.